Sunday, April 20, 2008

My First Half Marathon

I ran my first half marathon last weekend and wanted to share the pics. Yes, I have been recovering all week and indulging in relaxation. Not running, at all, got a massage, been eating whatever I want (my metabolism is still reved up, right?). I did not realized the pain that can be caused by running such a distance, but alas I did push through and made it in 2 hours 17 min (about 10:45 minute mile....)! Before the race I was considering training for a full marathon....but now... I don't think so. Maybe give it some more time and I'll come around! ha I trained with a group called Team in Training to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma society. It's the worlds largest endurance sports training program http://www.teamintraining.org/.

Now my mind is off in triathlon land....that might be my next challenge!


No comments: